The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
Jackie of Rapetti Review nominated Adventure Born for a Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks for that Jackie. The whole aim of this blog is to inspire others about the intricate world of traveling adventurously and it’s great to be recognized for it. Hopefully I can keep you all entertained with stories and guidance from all sorts of neat places for a long time coming.
For excepting this award, there are some rules I must now follow in return:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Well here are the eleven questions Jackie gave me along with my answers!
Who inspires you? My mother is an Iraqi War veteran. She’s a big inspiration. Other travelers I meet inspire me with their stories.
Favorite destination you’ve traveled to? One of the many difficult questions for any traveler to be asked. I’d have to say South Africa. It will always be special to me. So much that it feels like my second home.
What is your dream vacation? Retracing Percy Fawcett’s last steps in the Amazon as he searched for the fabled Lost City of Z. Sounds like work more than a vacation.
What does happiness mean to you? That feeling you get when someone places a bowl of delicious ice cream all dolled up in lots of toppings. That feeling you get when you see someone you’re fond of that you haven’t seen in awhile. That feeling you get when you complete your last day of work to travel the world. Doing something good for someone and not expecting anything in return. That’s happiness.
Favorite food? Cereal, simply put. All forms of pasta. Anything Oreo.
Favorite book? The Lost City of Z by David Grann
What do you wish you were doing right now? In a hammock on a beach, napping.
Would you fly to the moon if given the chance? YES!
Do you prefer the beach or mountain life? Tough question. I can’t answer this. I’ll take a little of both please.
What was your high school mascot? A panther. Our colors were blue and gold.
How would you describe your personality in one word?
Here are the 11 other bloggers that I nominate:
- Noemie-Capucine Footloose Diary
- Chris Majsak To India and Beyond
- LeeAnne Run Adventurouslee
- Hannah Mathers Adventurous Han
- Raymond ExplorerRay
- PedroL World Wide PedroL
- April & Karina Karina’s Extraordinary Life
- Izzy Where My Carry-on Takes Me
- Chris O’Sullivan O’Sullivan’s Travels
- Åsa Maria LATINAMERIKALIV
- Aimee Weinstein Tokyo Writer
Here are my 11 questions:
- If you could visit one country right now, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Batman or Superman?
- Besides family and friends, what do you miss from home the most when you’re traveling?
- How old were you when you took your first flight?
- Favorite school subject?
- If you won one million dollars, what would be your very first purchase?
- Where are you exactly right now as you’re reading this question?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- If you had the opportunity to hike Mount Everest, all expenses paid, would you?
- What would you say to those that are afraid to travel somewhere new for the first time?
Looking forward to reading some of those answers! Once again, thank you Jackie for the nom. I hope to spread a little more inspiration with each and every post!